Avis rental cars
Avis rental cars are available by contacting Airport Manager Randy Ruth @ 715-547-3337. If you need assistance after hours you can contact Randy @ 715-891-1314.
The airport has installed two drop cams for your viewing pleasure.
Go to www.dropcam.com and create a free account and then type in (http://dropc.am/p/mKjwep) to pull us up or contact Randy to be added to our friends list.
Airport Courtesy Van Policy
Visitors to King’s Land O Lakes Airport will have access to an airport courtesy van. Use of the van is limited to short trips in the Land O Lakes area. The van will be provided free of charge. Users will need to provide a valid license to drive; liability for use of the van is assumed by the user. Overnight use of the van can be arranged in special circumstances.
Use of Courtesy Van
The courtesy van can be utilized by any fly-in visitor to King’s Land O Lakes Airport, provided:
- They have a valid United States driver’s license
- They sign the Use of Airport Courtesy Van form which indemnifies the Town from all claims regarding their use of the courtesy van.
- They are over the age of 21.
Use of the courtesy van is restricted by the following:
- Only the individual providing the driver’s license is allowed to operate the van.
- The van can only be used for a period of no longer than two (2) hours unless special arrangements have been made with the airport manager.
While using the courtesy van, drivers are required to follow all applicable laws of the state of Wisconsin. In addition they are required to observe the following:
- Prohibited from the consumption of any alcohol or other chemical which may impair driving ability during the period in which he/she is in possession of the van. May not operate the courtesy van while under the influence of alcohol or other chemical which may impair driving ability.
- Agrees to refrain from the use of a cellular phone to talk, text message, or otherwise communicate while operating the courtesy van.
Reserving the Courtesy Van
No reservations will be accepted for use of the courtesy van, except in cases where the van is needed overnight (see section 3). Use of the van will be on a first-come, first served basis.
Overnight use of the Courtesy Van
For fly-in visitors staying overnight, use of the van can be arranged for with the airport manager, such arrangements must be made by noon the day of use. The following restrictions apply:
- Fly-in visitors cannot take the van before 4:00pm and must return the van no later than 8:30am the following day. If this occurs during a period, when the terminal building is closed keys will be left in the locked drop box outside the terminal building entrance.
- Fly-in visitors will be required to list their overnight location.
- All restrictions listed above will apply.
For fly-in visitors arriving after business hours (8:00am to 4:00pm Thursday-Monday), use of the courtesy van can be arranged prior to noon on the day of use. The following restrictions apply:
- Copies of the user’s driver’s license, insurance information and a signed Use of Airport Courtesy Van form must be e-mailed or faxed to the airport manager by noon on the day of arrival.
- Keys to the van will be secured and the airport manager will provide the pilot with the means of accessing the keys on arrival.
- All other restrictions above will apply.
Use of the courtesy van will over multiple days, including weekends will not be allowed.
There is no cost for use of the courtesy van at the airport. Monetary donations and refueling of the van after use are graciously welcomed!
Responsibility for moving violations etc. Users are solely responsible for any legal action which may stem from their use of the courtesy van, including tickets, law suits, repair costs etc.
If a user of the courtesy van does not return the van as scheduled, airport staff should contact Vilas Co. police department. In a case where the courtesy van is returned damaged, the airport manager will ensure the signed driver files a claim and arranges for repair.